Welcome to another year of learning and working together. We have drafted this post with the hope that some of these resources may useful to your planning for September and beyond.
Ministry of Education Curriculum Updates:
- Please see the Documents and Assessment Strategies pages for Educator Updates regarding FSA’s and Graduation Years (including Gr. 10-12 Curriculum Comparison Guides for all subjects and the draft design of the Numeracy Assessment).
- A series of videos and booklets on Assessment is being developed and we will post links as soon as they are available.
Learning Sessions and Teaching Resources:
- Please see the Teacher Developed page for units developed by MPSD teachers, including ADST and Career Education. (Please ask your Teacher Librarian or Jen Lane (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require the password to open this page.)
- ERAC has curated and recommended a collection of K-12 websites that are aligned with the BC redesigned curriculum. We have added these websites to the Subject Area pages in Resources (K-12). For K-6 sites, you can also go to Databases and Subject Guides in the Elementary Virtual Learning Commons.
- September blog posts are published in the Elementary Virtual Learning Commons and are full of teaching ideas and activities! This month we are connecting to growth mindset and the core competencies. (Check back at the beginning of each month for new posts.)
Please see our previous post for some of MPSD’s fall professional learning opportunities.
We also have a fabulous line-up of speakers and presenters for our 2017/2018 Professional Learning Series. Details will be posted this fall.