MPSD 2019/2020 Professional Learning Opportunities:
- Early Fall Pro-d Opportunities: for a full list, click here
- Monique Gray Smith (as advertised in poster):
Monique Gray Smith is a mixed heritage woman of Cree, Lakota and Scottish ancestry. She is a proud mom of fifteen year old twins. She is an award-winning, best-selling author and sought after consultant.
Monique’s first published novel, Tilly: A Story of Hope and Resilience won the 2014 Burt Award for First Nation, Métis and Inuit Literature. Since then, Monique has written five books , including Speaking our Truth: A Journey of Reconciliation. Speaking our Truth has won numerous awards, is a a Canadian Best Seller and a finalist for the TD Canadian Children’s Literature Award. It continues to be used across the country as a tool to educate the hearts and minds of both young and not so young readers. Monique’s latest release, Tilly and the Crazy Eights is an adult novel about an epic road trip that reminds the reader of the power of the human spirit and that love is medicine. She has been involved in her own personal healing journey for over 28 years and is well known for her storytelling, spirit of generosity and focus on resilience.
Grades: Early Learning – Gr.12
Date: Tuesday, October 8th, 2019
Location: HPMS Cafetorium and Clarke Theatre. Dinner will be provided.
Click here to register.
- 2019/2020 Provincial Specialist Association Opportunities: click on the image for a brochure or on this link to the BCTF Pro-d Calendar
Ongoing online opportunities:
- Click here for Provincial Outreach Online Learning Opportunities
- Taking Making Into the Classroom Free Online Pro-d Course: (3 hour, 5 hour and 8 hour options available.)
Click on the image below to learn more: