Remote Learning Resources: Spring 2020
- 5 Moore Minutes Special Edition: Home Learning Series
Shelley Moore (storyteller, inclusive education advocate and PhD candidate) offers tips for home learning in this evolving series. Two videos will be released each week during the rest of the school year.
Designed for families who have children with disabilities, much of the information is useful for all families. The playlist is embedded below.
- Distance Learning for Special Education (Early Learning – Grade 12) (Source: Kansas Department of Education)
Resources on this page are provided by educators and families from around the world. We are collaborating to support the needs of students with significant disabilities during the COVID 19 pandemic. These materials are open source and may be adapted to fit your child or student’s need. They may not be used for purchase.
- MPSD Locally Developed Resource: IEP Objectives Related to COVID
Supporting documents: (Sources are external organizations)
Inclusion is for Everyone:
- Inclusive Lesson Planning Templates from blogsomemoore.
NorthStar Paths – free Graphics downloads (K. Wiens & P. Totzke)
Professional Development and Articles:
- Click here for Provincial Outreach Online Learning Opportunities
- Alberta Teachers’ Association. (2014). Report of the Blue Ribbon Panel on Inclusive Education in Alberta Schools.
- Alberta Teachers’ Association. (2014). Inclusive education in Alberta schools: Getting it right. [Companion document to the Report of the Blue Ribbon Panel on Inclusive Education in Alberta Schools.]
- Philpott, D.E., Furey, E., and Penney, S.C. (2010). Promoting leadership in the ongoing professional development of teachers: Responding to globalization and inclusion. Exceptionality Education International, 20(2): 38–54.
*See in particular “Six focus areas” beginning page 43