Starting Points in Planning (a Teacher’s Perspective)
Building Student Success: BC Curriculum Home Page
Instructional Samples: BC Ministry of Education
“These K-9 instructional samples show how teachers from across the province have interpreted the redesigned BC Curriculum to plan learning experiences for their students.
The committee that selected these materials recognizes that each district, school, and classroom has its own unique characteristics that should be considered in planning.
Each sample identifies clear connections to the Big Ideas, Learning Standards, and Core Competencies. First Peoples Principles of Learning and content are included in some samples.
Many of the samples make cross-curricular connections, offer choice for students and teachers, explore multiple entry points and adaptations, provide assessment ideas, and include samples of student work. Some also show how teachers have made explicit connections to the curriculum through cycles of thinking, planning, and reflection.”
Sample Planning Templates: (Thank you to the teachers, schools and school districts who are sharing with us!)
- The Planning Process (unit plans, year plans, interdisciplinary plans, SD 44)
- Curriculum Unpacking Template (SD 34)
- Curriculum Planning Template (SD 34)
- Spiral Of Inquiry Implementation Planning Form (SD 34)
- Innovative Teaching Framework (SD 41)
- Curriculum Overview Posters (SD 27)
- POPEY’s Literacy Planning Guide
Back to: Curriculum Starting Guide
Back to: Curriculum Connections Home