Digital Curriculum Resources:
Locally developed Residential School Curriculum Website for students and teachers from Kindergarten through to grade 12.
The Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada presented its 94 Calls to Action in December 2015. Call to Action #63 (i) included: Developing and Implementing Kindergarten to Grade Twelve Curriculum and learning resources on Aboriginal Peoples in Canadian history, and the history and legacy of Residential Schools. This website is a direct result of this call to action. The goal of this effort is to build student capacity for intercultural understanding, empathy and mutual respect. Please visit https://greatspirithand.com and continue your journey towards Reconciliation today!
British Columbia Digital Classroom (Grade K-12 ERAC Resources):
MPSD has purchased a collection of excellent digital resources for use by staff and students. We are currently testing these links and the log-ins. Please contact your teacher if you have difficulty accessing any of the sites or if the log in for your school does not work.
Access to more EBSCO Resources:
Examples include: Canadian Points of View, Canadian Student Research Centre, Student Research Centre (High School/Middle School), Explora Canada, Novelist Plus, Literature Reference Centre, Explora Educator Edition, Poetry and Short Story Reference Centre.
Access EBSCO Magazines :
- Jack and Jill: Health focus (US) (Ages 7-10)
- Ask: Science focus (US)
- Canadian Geographic: (Physical, Human, Historical Geography, Earth Science, Social Studies)
- ChildArt: (US) (Ages 8-12) (Critical Thinking, Creativity)
- Cricket: (US) (Ages 6-14) (Literacy, Promotes love of reading)
- Fun for Kidz: (US) (Children’s Interst)
- Highlights: (US) (Children’s Interest) (Connections to Science, Arts, Social Studies)
- Horse and Rider (US): (Equestrian sports) (Physical Education, Passion Projects, Animal Science)
- Kayak: Canada’s History Magazine for Kids (Ages 7-11) (Social Studies)