Accessing the Curriculum Documents:
Indigenous Education Resources
- The Indigenous Knowledge and Perspectives in K–12 Curriculum lists both implicit and explicit references to Indigenous learning found within the curriculum and is arranged by subject area and grade.
- The Indigenous Education Resource Inventory is a non-comprehensive list that includes guides, books, articles, videos and web links to support Indigenous learning.
Core Competency Documents: (Updated Nov.2019)
Each of the core competencies are listed below. Click anywhere on the graphic to go to the Core Competency page on the BC Curriculum site. Each core competency has sample illustrations of student work.
Click on the poster to see a larger version.
- Three Core Competencies poster (with definitions)
- Sub-competencies and profiles (one pagers for each)
- Details about each sub-competency:
Critical and Reflective Thinking
Tip Sheet: Using the Language of Thinking
Personal Awareness and Responsibility
Positive Personal and Cultural Identity
Social Awareness and Responsibility
- See the Searchable Illustrations page.
See the Competencies page for new resources and templates for self-assessing the Core Competencies.
September 2019 – Updated Early Learning Framework documents (.pdf in English and French)
(Print copies available at each MPSD school library)
Play Today Handbook (Continuum of play-based learning experiences)
See also: Let’s Play Activities for Families
Set 1: Engagement with Others, Materials, and the World
Set 2: Communication and Literacies
Set 3: Identities, Social Responsibility, and Diversity
Set 4: Well-being and Belonging
Building Student Success: BC Curriculum Home Page
New Gr.11 and Gr.12 courses finalized and available.
- Continuous Views (October 2019): Continuous Views are available for all areas of learning. These documents capture the progression of Big Ideas, Curricular Competencies, and Content, beginning at Kindergarten and up to Grade 10. Depending on the structure of the curriculum in each area, they are for K-9, K-10, or Grades 5-12.
Grade 10-12 Redesigned curriculum:
- Career Education 10-12 Guide (October 2019)
- Career Education FAQs (October 2019)
- B.C. Graduation Program: Implementation Guide (effective July 2019) (released Dec.2018)
- B.C. Graduation Program: Policy Guide (effective July 2019) (released Dec.2018)
- Graduation Program: Information for Students (Dec.2018)
- Revised BC Curriculum Comparison Guides (all 10-12 subject areas) (revised July 2019)
Graduation Years Program Information:
- BC Graduation Program: Handbook of Procedures 2019/2020
- Gr. 10 Graduation Literacy Assessment: Administration Guide
- Career Education 10-12 Guide
- English Language Arts 10-12: Structure and Rationale (PowerPoint with Voice-over)(August 2017)
- K-9 Educator Update (August 2016)
- All-in-One Planning KDU templates for all subjects/grades from Learning Technologies Curriculum Page, SD 41. (Based on finalized K-9 curriculum)
- POPEY: Provincial Outreach Program for Early Intervention (Literacy Guides and Templates.)
- Classroom Assessment and Reporting (video and facilitator’s guide now available) (Dec. 2018)
- Educator Update: Classroom Assessment (March, 2017)
- Supporting the Self-Assessment and Reporting of Core Competencies (Draft) (March, 2017)
- Reporting Student Progress (Grades K-9): Guidelines for School Districts (October 2016)
- Revised Educational Program Guide Order (Released August, 2016)
- Revised Student Progress Report Order (Released August, 2016)
- Principles of Quality Assessment
BC’s K-12 Digital Literacy Framework:
Next section: Planning