Accessing the Curriculum Documents:
See also: Let’s Play Activities for Families
Set 2: Communication and Literacies
Set 4: Well-being and Belonging
Building Student Success: BC Curriculum Home Page
- Continuous Views (October 2019): Continuous Views are available for all areas of learning. These documents capture the progression of Big Ideas, Curricular Competencies, and Content, beginning at Kindergarten and up to Grade 10. Depending on the structure of the curriculum in each area, they are for K-9, K-10, or Grades 5-12.
Grade 10-12 Redesigned curriculum: (Updated December 2018)
- B.C. Graduation Program: Implementation Guide (effective July 2019) (released Dec.2018)
- B.C. Graduation Program: Policy Guide (effective July 2019) (released Dec.2018)
- Graduation Program: Information for Students (Dec.2018)
- Revised BC Curriculum Comparison Guides (all 10-12 subject areas) (updated December 2018)
Graduation Years Program Information:
- Graduation Literacy Assessment
- Graduation Numeracy Assessment
- Career Education 10-12 Guide
- English Language Arts 10-12: Structure and Rationale (PowerPoint with Voice-over)(August 2017)
- Discussion Paper: Graduation Assessments (Literacy & Numeracy) (January 2017)
- K-9 Educator Update (August 2016)
- All-in-One Planning KDU templates for all subjects/grades from Learning Technologies Curriculum Page, SD 41. (Based on finalized K-9 curriculum)
- POPEY: Provincial Outreach Program for Early Intervention (Literacy Guides and Templates.)
- Classroom Assessment and Reporting (video and facilitator’s guide now available) (Dec. 2018)
- New Foundation Skills Assessment (June 2017)
- Educator Update: Classroom Assessment (March, 2017)
- Supporting the Self-Assessment and Reporting of Core Competencies (Draft) (March, 2017)
- Reporting Student Progress (Grades K-9): Guidelines for School Districts (October 2016)
- Interim Ministerial Order on Student Reporting (Released July, 2016)
- Revised Educational Program Guide Order (Released August, 2016)
- Revised Student Progress Report Order (Released August, 2016)
- Principles of Quality Assessment
BC’s K-12 Digital Literacy Framework:
Core Competency Documents: (Updated Nov.2019)
Each of the core competencies are listed below. Click anywhere on the graphic to go to the Core Competency page on the BC Curriculum site. Each core competency has sample illustrations of student work.
Click on the poster to see a larger version.
- Three Core Competencies poster (with definitions)
- Sub-competencies and profiles (one pagers for each)
- Details about each sub-competency:
Tip Sheet: Using the Language of Thinking
- See the Searchable Illustrations page.
See the Competencies page for new resources and templates for self-assessing the Core Competencies.
Next section: Planning